Friday, July 2, 2010

Surprise!!



Surprise!! David and I are very excited to announce that we will be expecting our lil precious baby to get here around January 29th. January seems so far away, though we have decided that the reason pregnancy takes nine months is because that's how long it takes the mommy and daddy to agree on a name!

How we found out....

The day after David made the move to West Virginia we found out I was pregnant. It should come as no surprise, but being the frugal shopper that I am, I only bought one test and I bought the generic one at that! Since David was out of town I went over to aunt erica and uncle jas' house. Erica told me to go back to the store to buy a box of two tests and the costly, non-generic kind! After three positive home pregnancy tests I was still not completely convinced (yes, I'm aware they are 99% accurate, but you just never know!) but erica and jason assured me that three dark blue plus signs on three different sticks means only one thing... pregnant, pregnant, and pregnant. When I called david to tell him the news he was shopping at wal mart. he was just as surprised as mommy!! but he was also very, very excited.

1st Doc Appt...

David drove in 6 hours each way from West Virginia to be at our first doctor's appointment. It was a looonnng visit. They don't always do ultrasounds at 8 weeks, but we really wanted one and pulled the "he drove six hours" card. So the doctor took pity on us and did an ultrasound. In a small, dark doctor's office, we first saw our baby's heartbeat. It was amazing.

Sharing the news...

We shared the news first with the grandparents. All of the grandparents, aunts and uncles are excited and anxious!! We then shared the news with our other family and friends. Best reaction award goes to Mr. Jefferey Nefouse whose first question to me was, "Does David know?" Ha, I assured Jeff that yes, David knew. His next question was "Oh gosh, your baby is not going to grow up a mountaineer fan, right?" Jeff always provides the best perspective on life... Runner up reaction goes to aunt julie who said "I knew it!" (She swears she knew before we did!)
We want to thank all of our family and friends for their excitement and support!!

Etc...

Mommy is looking for jobs in West Virginia on a daily basis so our family can be together. david just started his residency program so will have more than enough work to keep him busy until the baby gets here!! he is balancing it all very well. he's going to be a great dad!!

Keep you posted more along the way.......





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sara! I can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sara! My due date with Duncan was January 28th - same as Shannon's! And he was born February 6th. :o)

    Just wanted to let you know that I am in the process of becoming a certified childbirth educator and labor doula, so please feel free to ask me anything about anything! I welcome it. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara! LB told me the news! Congratulations girl! You're going to be a great mommy!

    ReplyDelete