Monday, July 19, 2010

we got an A+ at the doctor today!

today was doctor appointment number two for me and baby and we got a great report!! (i love getting A's!!)


i am still six pounds under my pre pregnancy weight but the nurse said that was okay. she also said next time i will probably NOT be underweight...i believe her :) the weight loss is completely attributable to my healthier eating choices. it's amazing how you'll change your whole diet once someone else is relying on you for everything. my fast food days are dying down (sad) because of the little voice in my head that feels guilty feeding my child mcnuggets. its one thing to put whatever i want in my own body, its another to put it in our baby's. however, i have definitely still enjoyed a few bad treats. for instance, natalie just TWISTED my arm one day and FORCED me to eat skyline : ) my dad suggested the 80/20 diet meaning that if i try my best to eat well 80% of the time, i can fill a sugar craving every now and then guilt free.

im hoping my healthier choices will stay with me after the baby is born. i'm sure they will for the time i am breastfeeding, but it will be up to me after that.

the appointment today was very fast. i heard the heartbeat for a few seconds, which was so cute! when i got to the office, a nurse mistakenly told me i would have an ultrasound. so i got my hopes up and was looking forward to seeing our baby, which did not happen. but the heartbeat was comforting enough.

the doctor also asked if we wanted to do any of the pre-screening tests. we opted out of both, knowing that we wouldn't want to change anything about the pregnancy regardless of any test results. it is pretty neat though that technology and medicine have advanced that far.

mommy and baby are happy we received a good report today!! next check up is 4 weeks away.

4 comments:

  1. Sara! Congratulations! You were meant to be a mommy and you will be such a wonderful one at that! I can't wait to witness it! I will be sure to keep you in my prayers... best of luck during your pregnancy!

    -Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO Sara!! The healthy eating habits DEFINITELY stayed with me through and after breastfeeding (although with Aiden's energy level the caffeine intake increased after I finished nursing) and you will be shocked at how much more you'll need to eat while nursing. I feel better about the way I eat. And now that Aiden understands what junk food is...and that he likes it, we rarely keep it around the house since he'll want to eat that instead of his own food. Kind of a nice way to keep you on track in my opinion!! I love reading your blog and hope you're getting you're energy back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. emily--you are toooo sweet! you made me smile :) i hope ill be a good mommy. apparently the work starts now, ha.im missing you! hope to see you soon.

    megan--how are you feeling?! hope you are doing well. thanks for the advice...that is what i've heard. i think as long as i have a reason to eat healthy i have a fighting shot. i do have more energy...finally. went to a wedding the other night and broke it down on the dance floor! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting to feel a little bit better, but I don't think my energy will ever return with Aiden underfoot :). He's a busy little guy but TONS of fun. I'm ready for my nausea to completely go away but just need to be patient!!

    ReplyDelete