Thursday, March 24, 2011

2 month update!


So, for the first month update I was late, and for the 2nd month update I am early...but today I have time and tomorrow I may not (welcome to motherhood!)

I heard this quote and it pretty much sums up the last two months completely (and the next 100 years)

"A mother always has to think twice. Once for herself, and once for her child." -Sophia Loren


Luckily, most of this is intuitive. From the second he was born (well, more like since I found out I was pregnant) my brain is on overload, constantly thinking for two (add David in there and my brain is at full capacity!!) Anywhere we go, anything we do, I first think how it will impact or effect Max. Especially with breastfeeding him, his schedule has become a priority in the family. David and I still get to do lots of things we want, but we are constantly planning and making decisions for three.

We are always thinking about Max. Is he eating enough, sleeping enough, too hot, too cold, having enough tummy time? etc, etc, etc.... I worry if he's crying, and I worry the same if he's "too" quiet. Sigh. We just love him so much and want to take care of him the best we can.

Anyway, here is some two month info:

Favorite thing to do: he LOVES music!! David came up with the idea to put on Disney Pandora and Max (and mommy!) love it. He will just be lying there quietly but once you turn on the music he kicks and moves like he's trying to dance. adorable.

Favorite thing we like to do with him: Umm, I kind of like to dress him up in cute outfits and take pictures. Also, I like taking him to Panera (we are here as I type). He's pretty popular here...everyone always stops to ooohhh and ahhh. We also like to skype his cousins and grandparents.

Activities: We are still doing our excercise class and yoga. He's also been to my mom's group with me a few times now, though he is still too young to play with the big kids. We've had a few play dates, but those mostly consist of mommy talking with her friends and Max sleeping in his car seat :)

Schedule: This kid is a clock. If he needs to eat at 9:00, he will wake up ready at 8:58. It never ceases to amaze me. It makes scheduling around his feedings pretty easy and predictable. The downside is we lose some flexibility because his feedings and sleep schedules are so structured. But overall, I prefer this!

My favorite things he does: SMILE!! He is starting to smile and of course it is so cute. He smiles when we sing to him or make funny noises.

Size: He is out of newborn clothes and on to the next size up. Everytime I pick him up he feels heavier.

Sleep: Oh my gosh, we are so lucky! Max is a great sleeper. People at David's work always ask him how much sleep he is losing at night. For the record, he looses NO SLEEP! And I don't miss that much either. We put Max down in his bed (no rocking, no crying) and within 20 minutes or so he's fast asleep. He will coo and make some noises, but he rarely cries. He'll sleep for 4-6 hours for the first part of the night, wake up for a feeding, and fall back asleep for another 2-3. Even naps during the day are pretty routine and predictable.

We are making our first trip to Kentucky this weekend!! We can't wait!!! We'll see how he does on the car ride.


1 comment:

  1. Cute Post! This is Megan from stroller class. I have a blog too :)

    ReplyDelete