Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Month Update!


I am writing his one month update at 5.5 weeks. Apparently, motherhood doesn't leave much time for blogging :)
We are so busy! You wouldn't think one little baby (that actually behaves really well and sleeps alot) would be such a time committment...but he is! And I LOVE IT!!
He is the most perfect, best, adorable, fun, sweet person in the world. I am so lucky to get to see him change and grow every day. Each day he does something new and I feel like everything new he does is a milestone :)
Here are a few things about his first month:
Favorite thing to do: Come on, he's one month old. He likes to sleep, eat and poop. But seriously, he also loves bathtime, being read or sang to, and cuddling!
Favorite thing we like to do with him: Cuddle!
Activities: We started baby yoga and an excercise class called "Buggies and Babes." Buggies and Babes is a class that we both go to for excercise. Let me tell you...it is kicking my butt!! I thought it was just a bunch of ladies pushing strollers around, but it's tough. Feels good to start getting back in shape though.

Visitors: We have had lots of love in our household! Of course grandma cathy and papa gary have been to visit a few times, as well as Nonna and Grandad. But Max also got to meet his cousins Eli, Autumn and Anora and his aunt Laura and uncle John. It was adorable!! Anora kept saying, "Baby, Baby" and kept giving him toys (that he's obviously too young to play with.) Eli kept sniffing his hair, and Autumn loved to hold him. She said she could just hold him forever..... I'm with her on that one :)
We also had my friends Natalie and Austin come visit. Max loved it, but I think mommy enjoyed it most. Great girl time, which is what I needed. They loved on him all weekend and also helped me out a lot. They made David and I a great dinner one night and even let us take a date night to Wal Mart :) Max loved shopping with us... he was a trooper.
Schedule: He is on a great schedule thanks to the amazing read, BabyWise (recommend!) We are on the eat, play, sleep schedule. He eats, I keep him up awhile to play, and then he naps. Sometimes I get a quick nap in when he does, other days I'm not so lucky. At night he is sleeping 4-5 hours at a time. It's magical.
My favorite things he does: I LOVE when he first wakes up and stretches. It is my favorite thing he does. It is so dramatic and he uses every inch of his body and face. Hilarious.
David: Daddy is back at work and says he misses us all day. My favorite is when he first gets home and sees Max. David gets the biggest smile on his face the moment he sees him. He plays with him for awhile and takes care of him while I take a little break. David likes reading to him and taking him out with us to places (this kid has been everywhere already-- airports, restaurants, malls, etc.)
Size: He is growing as expected. He grew out of newborn diapers and I pretty much teared up when that happened. I love that he is growing up and changing, but it can also be a tiny bit sad.
Pictures on facebook... it's too hard to post them both here and there.
We are enjoying our time with him. More updates to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment